Thursday, April 12, 2012

"I Walk the (long gray) Line"


As the school year draws to the end, the level of energy and "give-a-craps" seem to be dwindling. Thats not to say the standard has slipped, but the obvious wear of the school year is apparent on everyone's faces. That's why this is the perfect time to have some (respectful/innocent) fun!!

As a plebe we are required to know the next three meals, historic knowledge of West Point, the important dates throughout the school year, and 3 current news articles - each day. Because I sit at the 1st SGT table (the guy who is known for and expected to be the strictest of the company), I am routinely asked what news article I have read. After a week of reporting similar stories, I decided to try and sneek in something that is accurate but not current news; like, for instance, the bombing of Pearl Harbor.

So when it came for my turn to report an article, I tried to report in a manner that sounded current except with the obvious theme of Pearl Harbor. And I said: "1st SGT, today on World News it was reported that, Japan brought local gifts to a neighboring island in the Pacific Ocean via airdrop. Although the gifts were not as appreciated as the Japanese thought, their sincerity blew the islanders away." The sophomores who knew what I had planned started laughing so hard.... its the simple things in life I guess.

1 comment:

  1. Alex,
    Just got caught up with all the blog posts that I missed. Exceptionally well done. I like the Austin and the A-Team one. The las one was awesome as well.
    Keep up the great work on this,

    Love from
    Dad

    ReplyDelete