
Yesterday there was an active shooter drill that was set up by West Point. They literally shut down the entire post, called off school, brought in the SWAT team and had people from Keller hospital come in to act as if there were 2-5 shooters roaming around the West Point campus that had injured or killed a few people. Our only instructions were to go to your room, lock your door, turn off the lights and pull the shades..... and you are not allowed to leave your room for 3 hours. YES!! Sounds like a mandatory nap period for the entire Corps. Or at least that's what 3,000 tired cadets thought.

My roommate was actually part of the drill. He and I both agreed that he would make an excellent physco spree killer. He also confessed (with a little prodding from my best friend here) that he would kill me first if he were to snap. We all nervously laughed along with him but that night I may or may not have slept with my Swiss Army Knife under my pillow. On that note, seeing as it was just me in my room for three hours, I got to enjoy and appreciate some much needed silence that rarely seems to happen in this room. Only 30 days left until I am back in Michigan though
No comments:
Post a Comment