So its been a minute since I last posted. My bad on that. I never got around to the Thanksgiving post mainly because I was eating...and eating...and eating. It was a beautiful thing. Grandma and the rest of the cooking crew really outdid themselves this year. We had two, count it 2, 18lbs birds, a tub of mash potatoes, and 7 pies. It was incredible. Of course there was the always enjoyable apple sauce that never ceases to amaze me. Even when I physically couldn't eat anything more I still had an overwhelming urge to have a spoonful of grandma's magical apple blend. Gets me every time.
The best part of the weekend was the 10.5 mile run at 2am. Now that doesn't seem enjoyable until you hear the company that it brought. While Dad and I were waiting for 1am to hit, the Lanagans call up dad wondering if he wants to stop by real fast. I hope in the car to say hello and the next thing you know we recruited two more 40 year old men for this little adventure. Jimbo was a little more apprehensive towards the idea but Gerald was stoke for it. He was ready to run through the water and everything. I think it had something to do with the 8 beers that both of them had had during the party earlier, but hey! Misery loves company. Gerald was a champ, he was just running and talking with me for the first 6-7 miles. He ran in part of the water with me and offered to run down eel creek with me if I hadn't shouted how much pain my...lower half was in. Good times. Dad finished the millage with me on his bike. It helped a lot having someone there for support though. I think he enjoyed the whole "Drill Sergeant" role to much though; he finished it all of with a 200m fireman's carry on the beach... just the worst!
We went into Boston as well. Dad had a brilliant idea where he gave all the kids $20 dollars to bring back as much vary of food as possible. It was essentially a deep-fried thanksgiving all over again. I found some great Asian food, philly cheese-steak and some dark chocolate coffee beans. Just the best combo for heart burn! Ill try to pull some pictures off of facebook to add on here. We also celebrated Jess and Brandon's Bday the day before. Worked out good because we got to eat more food! Awesome! We went out for dinner at the chowder house and just ate lobster and told funny stories. Great combo. I'll wrap this up before it turns into a book, but only 15 more days until I start eating some home cooking again!!!! Can't wait to be in my own bed again!
No comments:
Post a Comment