So the Crossfit competition on Friday might have been added to the most painful category list of 2011. Its funny because every stupid even I do that is painful and some sort of health danger has involved mom or dad or both. This includes but is not limited to: First half marathon, first marathon, 13 miles at 2am through the ocean, a crossfit competition, and soon a 24 hour run. They should rest assured that I am really a boring guy when they aren't around. That being said, the competition was a team lift of three different WOD's. Because our van showed up late we got assigned the 2nd WOD which was 3 rounds of 500m row, 25 strict pushups, and 25 kettle bell swings at 55lbs. I actually finished the row first and then proceeded to die out after that. I ended up dead last and was so oxygen deprived that I couldnt walk around or even keep my eyes open. Ended up going outside and throwing up for a little before just laying on the ground outside. It was one of those cases where you get up to fast and your head starts spinning... then add that all over your body. I was a mess but had a great support team there to help me out. Def am glad to have Dad, Jess, and Mom take care of me when I look so pathetic. This picture sums up the mood perfectly.
After that we went and hung out in a hotel lobby talking with some of Dad's friends. It was really fun but we didn't get back till 01:45. by the time we got in bed it was 2 and we had to set the alarm for 6. pretty brutal. The next morning consisted of almost 9 hours of standing which was awesome... ouch. It wasn't bad after the game started because we were jumping and cheering but it was brutal during the march on. We got to catch up to the Lanagans and ended spending the whole 2nd half with them. I must admit a flaw in my older post brought to my attention thanks to Gerald and Jimbo. During the 2am run before Thanksgiving, they had actually drank closer to 18-20 beers rather than the 8 that I had assumed. . . which is even more impressive. After the game we ended up going to a tailgate with the family and enjoying some time around the little fire. It all came to an end way to fast. The next day was nothing more then driving back to West Point which is never a fun story.
The best part about it all is that there is only 7 days till I am my way home. It will be the first tine in almost 7 months! Can't wait! just gotta make it though a toughest mudder first. . . oh goodness.
No comments:
Post a Comment