Thursday, February 16, 2012

Pride < Brownies

So Happy late Valentines Day! Or as some like to refer to it, singles awareness day. Having seen both sides of Feb 14th, single and in a relationship, I have found that there perks to both arguments. When you are single, you do not have to worry about spending tons of money on corney cards and mysterious chocolates, plus it is half-off-candy on the 15th for just yourself! The perks of being in a relationship is that you are guaranteed chocolate! I mean, you can argue about the romantic part of it and all, but when it comes down to it, the chocolate is the part that everyone is looking forward to.

On that note, I got package the other day from Mamma C. I honestly can't be entirely certain if she did this on purpose, but she sent out a box covered in pink hearts, baby blue streamers, and a few lightly covered smiley faces. The best part was I got the box right as all the classes were being released so I walked all the way back to my room carrying this brightly colored box under my arms. No offense to my dear mother, but I was not about to admit that I received such a lovely box on Valentines day, from my mom.... so, thanks Jessica Alba for the care package. Well, that is what everyone in my company thinks; they are so silly. Anyways, part of mom's other cruel joke is to give a starving teenage boy a small package that rattles and smells like chocolate, yet seal it tight with clear tape and hide which side opens. I looked like an addict trying to open that stupid little care package: arms shaking, eyes wide, brow sweating, I was a mess. I finally gave up with trying to be cute about it and reached for my Swiss Army knife and started slashing. About 5 minutes later I was to the point of hysteria but had just managed to open it. The care package was incredible, the entire thing was chocolate; Austin would have sneezed if he looked at it. Chocolate brownies, chocolate cookies, chocolate cookies with Carmel, chocolate cookies with more chocolate!! It was awesome! By that time everyone had left for practice so I just sat in the middle of my room and stuffed my face. I realized I had a problem when I opened my desk drawer a few days ago and found my Swiss Army knife still open after I abandoned it when the box opened.


There is really no moral to this story other then my confession towards chocolate. I am willing to look like a complete idiot for a few grams of chocolate brownies....addicted much? Yeah, I'd say so.

No comments:

Post a Comment