So it's been a fairly long time since I have last updated anything on this website. It is no longer the 'Daily Chuckler', although I hope to keep the laughs coming. Couldn't really tell you why its the Point of Impact. I guess I could do somthing fancy and say (West) Point of Impact (in my life) but that kind of sounds to long to be cool. Until I can think of somthing better, thats what it is going to be.
I hope to do a blog fairly consistantly. If anything, to keep my writing and recording any memories here at West Point. I have been pretty good about doing so in the summers with a journal, but as soon as school comes around I don't have time to take out a pen and paper and write down my thoughts. Hopfully typing it will make it easier to keep up to date. One thing I would like openly apologize about is my spelling, grammer, and word usage; essentially my writing. I am no Shakespeare and my english teacher will more than happily agree with me.
I am not sure how to structure a blog yet so please excuse the jumping around. I might have a workout section at the bottom, for nothing more then my own sake to be able to look back and compare times and weights. These will probably come from my favorite website, Crossfit.com, and include somthing about how much pain I am in.
On that note, Im continueing training for the Toughest Mudder. Im doing that sucker in December with Brian Gerardi and am fully expecting it to be the single most awful experience of my life up to this moment. There is really nothing else I could think back on that will compare to the suck that this will be. I have said this multiple times though, I just can't wait for that 12 hour car ride back. Going to be warm, dry, and on my way home to my own bed! It will have been almost 7 months since I have been home. People ask why Im doing the Toughest Mudder, and there is no real good anwser for it. Its the same reason people want to jump out of a plane or do triathalons. Part of it is to say that they have done it. The other reason is to see if one can do it. I like to think of it as if you practice 10x harder than the game. Then, when the game comes around, there is always that mental edge you have of being able to compare it back to the suck and pain you already put in at practice. In my case, my dream is to go Special Forces. I know, I know, every one who joins the Army wants to go special forces just so they dont have to shave, but its more then just the look, its the attitude. Their attitude is of pure confidence. Like they are here to kick butt and take names, and then go do 10,000 pushups becuase its fun. So, coming back from that little detour, I am doing the Toughest mudder so that I will have confidence knowing that there is very few other things that will be as painful as that...for the first 24 hours.
Thats all for now. Just kind of babbleing for this first post. More to follow though with links and other fun stuff.
No comments:
Post a Comment