Saturday, May 5, 2012

20 And A Butt.... I Am At My Breaking Point

Social Skills. It is not something that you can see on paper, determine by a test, or really even hear over a 10 minute phone call. Unfortunately there are some people who look like super stars on paper because of grades or mile times but could not hold a conversation with someone for more then 5 minutes. Also being purely oblivious to this social handicap is just as pathetic.

 It has always boggled my mind to think that some just do not know how to interact with other or what is "socially acceptable". The old saying, "treat someone as you would want to be treated" doesn't seem like a crazy hard blueprint to follow. Yet still, my roommate decides to stay up till 1am after talking to his girlfriend for 2 hours and then wakes up at 5am on a Saturday to pack a ruck that goes at 6:30. Now I don't consider myself to be always the nicest guy in the room, but common sense told me when I did mine was to pack it the night before and make sure it is ready to go by the door so all I had to do was wake up, change, and silently walk out the door. But hey, I guess if I wasn't up since 5 in the morning I would have time to write this. The funniest part is after I stopped flopping around in bed and finally just got up, he started asking me to about the ruck and if he could use my PT belt for it; completely oblivious to the fact that someone else is the room was attempting to sleep.
 I honestly don't know if I could have made it any longer with him as a roommate. These next 20 days are going to really test my patients as a human and a Christian. If I do not suddenly snap and start cussing him out its only a testament of God's work. That my seem humorous but there is more truth to that statement then you think.


 I 

No comments:

Post a Comment